My friend Amy Betts from NYC sent me this great piece from Slate.com about how women are asserting their power in Iran. Very thought-provoking. http://www.slate.com/id/2221033/
On a totally unrelated topic, I found a piece in the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune on Sunday that is very nicely written by a local financial planner Ross Levin about how we must find our own "thread" in this life. And despite changes in the economy, etc. we must stick to our personal threads.
http://www.startribune.com/business/49222977.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU
In today's warp-speed culture, we must take the time to consider our personal threads and install them as priorities; as life moves faster and faster, we must pause for introspection.
So where am I going with this blog?
I want this blog to focus on essays about public policy, what’s going on in the media (what’s worth reading today?) and ways women can improve their lives.
I will try to be more opinionated than most and encourage you to be the same– not mean, just definite. And given my academic background, I'll strive to include research and theoretical context when possible.
I will link regularly to good stuff:
Maureen Dowd: http://topics.nytimes.com/top/opinion/editorialsandoped/oped/columnists/maureendowd/index.html
Ellen Goodman:
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/ellen_goodman/
And I'll try to throw in some fun stuff. We often take ourselves too seriously, don't we?
LIN
No comments:
Post a Comment